Thursday, July 24, 2008

Look out, Lance!


One of Dave's favorite hobbies is biking. The man can seriously ride. He's unstoppable. In this picture, he is preparing for a ride with his cousin, Stacy. Right now Dave is training to do a 100-mile bike ride, which he does every fall.
He has gone clear to the Alabama/Tennessee state line on his bike. He has also biked the Natchez Trace Parkway.
Dave has hooked me up with a sweet bike seat for my mountain bike, along with rear view mirrors, a helmet, a headlight and taillight and last but certainly not least, a pair of well-padded professional biking shorts. The farthest I have gone so far was eight miles. He says I'm a pretty fast biker, but of course he's referring to the DOWNhill portion of the ride. I'm actually quite slow when it comes to any sort of an incline. (Isn't there a lower gear than 1?!) My favorite ride was when we biked to Sonic, got a large peanut butter fudge shake, and then rode home. I really have my eye on a tandem bike (a two person bike) so that I can sit behind Dave with my feet up on the handlebars! hee hee.

No comments: