Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcome home

After the wedding and the honeymoon, it was time to load up the moving truck and drive 1700 miles across country. Whew! What a trip that was! If ever there was a "trial by fire" for Dave, that was it! But he came through it with a great big smile on his face and nothing but love for his new family (including two dogs!). What a wonderful man. When we made it to St. Louis, I didn't feel like I could drive another mile. The kids and I got a hotel room and got some rest and Dave plowed through the rest of the way home with the truck and the two dogs. The next day when the kids and I arrived at our new home, this was the greeting that was waiting for us!

Here are a few pictures from our drive cross country . . .

Beautiful rock formations in Southern Utah.














And later that same day . . . Snow in Colorado.


The next day . . . NEBRASKA.

This was my view in front of me . . .

And this was usually the view behind me . . .









No comments: